Friday, April 1, 2011

Slow cooked Vension with Japanese rice with peas and Mini banana whole wheat muffins

I grabbed some venison steaks out of the freezer and put them frozen right into the crockpot. I added

  • 2 * 28 oz * cans of tomatoes
  • 1 med onion chopped
  • 1/2 tsp crushed  red pepper
turned it on low and cooked for hours..

I got out my oriental cookbook and decided on Japanese as the Chinese are not the only ones who prepare fried rice.

  • 1/2 cup oi,l butter or margarine
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onion, including some of the green top
  • 1/4 cup parsley
  • 10 oz package frozen peas
  • 4 cups cooked rice, hot or cold
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • dash or two of liquid hot pepper seasoning
In a fry pan, heat the oil, add green onions and parsley and saute just until limp and bright green, about 3 minutes.
Add the peas to boiling water and bring back to boiling, remove from heat, drain and set aside.
 Add the rice, soy sauce, hot pepper seasoning and peas to frying pan. Stir over heat, being careful not to mash rice grains, until thoroughly heated.

I loved this recipe... I put the meat over the rice with alittle of the juice from the crockpot... yummy

I had picked up Bananas at the store that were perfect for banana bread. But knowing Lyra loves muffins I decided to try mini ones.

  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk
  •  1/2 cup oil
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
Mixed them all together and put them in the mini muffin pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment