Friday, April 1, 2011

Spaghetti and Miniature meatballs...

Trying to add more flair.. I thought I would try spaghetti SQUASH... Now I am not really a squash person. But everyone said I would love it. 

I cooked the squash in the microwave. I stabbed it a few times with a knife before putting it in. Cooked it til it felt squishy *lol* sorry not very technical here .  After it cooled a bit I cut it open removed the seeds and took 2 forks and scraped the * spaghetti* out. 

Meanwhile I  took

  • 1 pound hamburger
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
shaped them into small meatballs. Place them on  a rack and baked uncovered for 20 minutes at 400.
I then took
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
and saute them for 3 to 4 minutes. In to that pan I added

  • 1 6oz can unsalted tomato paste
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 tsp basil, pepper oregano and crushed red pepper
 Stir well and then added the meatballs, cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour stirring occasionally.  I then  put this over the spaghetti ...

It was very good. And for someone with food allegry the squash would work for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment