Monday, February 7, 2011

Cranberry Dijon Pork Chops, whole grain noodles with brocolli

Yummy Pork.. the other white meat they say... All I know.. it is sooo good.

Cranberry Dijon Pork Chops
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 4-6 boneless pork chops about 1 inch thick
  • 1 can ( 10 1/4 ounces) of Campbell's condensed Cream of Celery soup * reg or fat free*
  • 1/2 cup Cranberry juice
  • 2 tbs of Dijon-style Mustard
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
 I heated the oil in my cast iron pot. You can use any 10 inch oven safe skillet over med -high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until they are well browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
Stir in the soup, cranberry juice, and mustard. Heat to a boil. Return the pork chops to the skillet and cover.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until chops are cooked through but slightly pink in center.  Place pork chops on serving plate. Stir the cranberries into the skillet. Serve the sauce with the pork.

I was thinking of what to have with the pork chops and I tossed Rice and noodles around. But the Whole grain noodles won. I think they way they sauce with the cranberries laid on them would be more pleasing to the eye.. And we all know food is not all about taste.. seeing does alot to the appeal of eating it.

So there you have it.. Add a salad and some cranberry sauce to go along with it.. and a meal fit for a hungry person!  I have to say the tartness of the cranberries and juice really cuts the heavyness of the sauce.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Patty.. I am really impressed.. the name of this meal sounds Gourmet.. to my Hamburger Helper menu anyway.. Sounds good!!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete