Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Venison Cutlets...make ahead mashed potatoes and corn.

YUMMY.. that is what I have to say.. I LOVE CUTLETS!!!! I have to say I know how to make them .. but when I saw it in my cowboy cookbook I just had to do it. This recipe comes from Amy and Rusty Richards , sons of the Pioneers.

Having taken the back strap or some call it tenderloin and  cut it into thin pieces. Take those pieces and pound them on both sides till paper thin.  Next dip the meat into a mixture of beaten raw egg and milk. Toss into bread crumbs. Dip back into egg and into crumbs again. Fry in a cast iron skillet until golden brown.  YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY...  the best is when you take them right out of the skillet and try not to burn your mouth as you get them HOT Off the Skillet.

As for the make ahead mashed potatoes

  • 5 lbs of red potatoes  quartered
  • 6 oz of fat free cream cheese
  • 1 cup fat free dairy sour cream
  • garlic, paprika, black pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup chives
  • 2 tbs butter
Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, Drain
Mash potatoes til smooth
add remaining ingredients, Beat until light and fluffy. Cool
Cover and put in refrigerator.
Pour potatoes into a greased crockpot
cover and cook on low 2-3 hours while you make the cutlets and get ready for supper..

There you have it.. have a toss salad,, some corn and its one of the best meals you can have.. * so its not the best for your health with all the frying but hmmmm delicious!


1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of the Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes.. but they sound delish!!!

    ReplyDelete