Sunday, February 20, 2011

non-noodle Chicken noodle soup

Okay... in case you are wondering about the name.. I wanted to make chicken soup because I ended up with a cold and wanted to be able to help get rid of it quick. And as we all know.. a good hot bowl of spicy chicken soup helps you to stop coughing and makes the throat feel so much better. BUT I wanted to forgo the noodles and just get all the good veggies in it. I took the basic recipe just left out the noodles..

1 cup onion diced
1 cup carrots diced
4 cloves of garlic minced
 2 tsp oil
1 cup celery
3 tbs flour
1/2 Poultry seasonings
2 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups chicken, diced
red pepper
hot peppers* as much as you like , the spicier the better *
cauliflower
corn 
Lima beans
chicken broth *as much as you like thicker or thinner soup*.

I sauteed the onion, celery , carrots and garlic in the oil til tender, Sprinkled the flour and seasonings over and cook  1 minute. I then put it in the crock pot along with everything. Set on high for a hour and then low for hours and hours.. ohhh so yummy...  and it really helped


.. 

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I have never put Cauliflower in Chicken Noodle soup... or even non noodle chicken noodle soup.. I would call it veggie soup I guess...
    Sounds good!!
    Hope the cold is better

    ReplyDelete