Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lasagna Roll-ups with Sloppy joes and Cream corn

So... I thought I would try to make Lasagna roll-ups.. But while making such roll ups I FORGOT to put the meat in the cheese fillings sooo I made Sloppy Joes to go with it. OH well... thats what happens sometimes..

Lasagna roll-ups

  • 8 oz package of lasagna noodles
  • 1 pint of creamy cottage cheese.. * I used riotta cheese*
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • pepper to taste
  • 3 cups of spaghetti sauce Divided
  • hamburger
Cook the noodles for 10 minutes, drain and cool. While the noodles are cooking also cook the hamburger til done.
 In a mixing bowl mix the next 4 ingreds. This is where my brain went.. I was talking to my dad and forgot to put the burger in after mixing the other ingreds.  As I was talking to him I took and greased a 9 x 13 baking dish and poured 1 cup of sauce in it.  I spread 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture on each noodle and rolled up jelly-roll style. Placed it seam side down in the sauce. After I had them all rolled up and poured the remaining 2 cups of sauce over them I finished talking to my dad and saw the burger still on the stove... oh well... what can ya do... so I  covered the dish with foil and baked at 350 for 40minutes.  It was very good. 

Now for the burger.. seeing it was cooked and that is just to plain, I grabbed the make it quick book.

Sloppy Joes

  • hamburger
  • onions
  • peppers
  • spaghetti sauce but I used Manwich
  • chili seasonings
I added to my taste the onion and peppers along with the manwich.  Let it heat til hot and bubbly.
So no matter what recipe I try from the book I can always change it up and add other things.. Really a cookbook is just a starting point right??





1 comment: