Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lazy Man's Cabbage Rolls

In my Goose berry Patch 5 ingredients or less cookbook it has recipes for every season plus clever tips for celebrating every day.

Well I was flipping thru and I don't know if it was the cold weather or just the thought of St Patty Day coming but I saw Lazy Man's Cabbage rolls and knew CABBAGE was in the menu!

  • 1 lb of ground beef. browned * I used breakfast sausage*
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 Tbs of instant rice, uncooked
  • 16 oz can of diced tomatoes * I used diced tomatoes with chili spices added*
  • 1 med head of cabbage chopped
Simmer the first 4 ingredients in a  saucepan for 5 minutes. drain, Spread cabbage in a ungreased 9x13 pan, pour ground beef mixture on top. Cover and bake at 350 for one hour. DO NOT STIR!


I then put shredded sharp cheddar cheese on it and served.. YUMMY...  LOVE cabbage! 



1 comment:

  1. Wow.. Super Easy.. sounds Good.. I had Eggs and Toast.. no cook book was needed.. It was a Lazy Chicks Dinner!

    ReplyDelete