Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Supper A La King with Indian Summer Rice

Looking in the refrigerator and seeing I needed to use up some cooked chicken I  found this recipe. It uses the microwave and slow cooker.

Supper A La King
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup diced green pepper
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1 can Campbell's condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheese. * I used 3 cheese cheddar*
  • 1/4 cup diced pimento
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
 In a 2 qt microwave safe casserole, combine butter , green pepper and onion. Cover with lid and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes. Stir in soup and milk; blend well. Stir in Chicken, cheese, pimento and pepper. Cover with lid; microwave on HIGH 7 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve over steamed shredded zucchini, cooked noodles, potatoes or rice. 

Indian Summer Rice

  • 1 cup onion, chopped
  • 1 cup celery chopped
  • 1 cup butter
  •  2 *10 oz *pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 2 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 3 cups instant rice, Uncooked
  • 16 oz jar pasteurized process cheese sauce
  • 8 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1/2 cup warm water
 Saute onion and celery in butter until tender, Transfer to a bowl and stir in remaining  ingredients. Mix well. Spoon into a slow cooker, Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low setting and cook for an additional 2 hours. Serves 8 to 10


I cut the recipe in half and cooked it in my oven for half hour as I didn't want that much.  I also left out the sliced mushrooms as my mother in law does not like them and I knew she wouldn't eat it if she saw mushrooms , Soup is okay . but not seeing them  is the key *lol*
 I also thought it would taste better with maybe more spices. Like Crushed red pepper. *lol* as you know we like it spicy. I also mixed it all together and it tasted much better then separate.   Enjoy.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds good.. I would of course have to switch out the Cream of Mushroom soup.. allergic to those mushrooms.. but it looks and sounds delicious!!! Good JOb once again!

    ReplyDelete