Saturday, May 21, 2011

Corn Chowder

As it has been rainy and cool the last week I decided to use my leftover chicken and added it to the chowder.

  • 1/2 pound salt pork, diced
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1 cup diced raw potato
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tsp turmeric
  • 1/2 bay leaf
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 tbs flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 cups corn
  • 2 tbs chopped parsley
Saute salt pork until crisp and golden. Add onion and celery, cook until tender but not browned. Add green pepper, potatoes,water, turmeric, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes, until potatoes are barely tender.
Mix flour with 1/2 cup milk. Heat remaining milk and add to blended flour. Stir into hot soup and heat, stirring until mixture thickens. Add Corn and Parsley. Cook about 4 minutes. Check Seasoning.

Like I said.. I had leftover chicken so I added that.  very yummy!

I will add pictures later as they will not let me at this time *l*

No comments:

Post a Comment