Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chops, Mac and cheese with Asparagus Polonaise

I took the leftover chops from Skipper Zipps and I had some leftover noodles from my granddaughter Dixie's * grandma I ONLY like NOODLES to eat* along with some very nice looking Asparagus that I got and made a quick easy meal.

Asparagus Polonaise

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup crushed saltines
  • 1/4 cup minced parsley
  • 2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed cooked and drained
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 1 hard cooked egg chopped
In a skillet, melt the butter. Add saltines; cook and stir until saltines are lightly browned. Stir in parsley. Arrange asparagus on serving platter. Sprinkle with lemon juice and egg. Top with saltine mixture.



1 comment:

  1. Hmm I have only has Asparagus once and I wasn't sure I liked it... this is certainly a different twist on it!!!
    You are doing great keeping up on using the cookbooks and keeping up the blog!!
    Kudos to you!!

    ReplyDelete