Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wild Mushroom Beef Stew

I thought I would try a nice hearty stew and Mushrooms were on sale so this is what started it.

  •  2 pounds of beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 can of beef broth
  • 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 4 shitake mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 med carrots, sliced * I used baby carrots*
  • 2 med potatoes, diced
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 1 rib celery, sliced
I put the beef in the crock pot and mixed the flour, salt and pepper together. I sprinkled it over the meat and stir to coat each piece of meat. Add added the remaining ingredients and stirred will to mix.
Covered and cooked on low for 6 hours. Stir stew before serving.

You can double the amount for a 5, 6 or 7 qt crockpot. That is what I did. It was wonderful! Thick and the flavor was out of this world.   You could use any other mushroom.



1 comment:

  1. I am sure it was absolutely delicious.. I would have to leave the Mushrooms out for sure.. as I am ALLERGIC to them!!!
    But I bet it would be good without them..
    Glad you are back to cooking!

    ReplyDelete