Saturday, March 19, 2011

Corn Beef and Cabbage

I have had Corn Beef and Cabbage every St Patricks Day except for one year. It was eight years ago when my dear mother passed away. I always said it was a fitting day as she was Irish and her favorite color was green.  There are many ways to fix this yummy meal, crock pot, stove top or oven. I like to take mine and put it in the crock pot with about 2 cups of water. Cook it on low for HOURS and HOURS!!!! Then about 2 hours before supper I had quartered potatoes and baby carrots. 20 minutes or so before ready to eat.. I add the cabbage wedges... how much you ask? As much as I can stuff in the pot! There never is enough cabbage for this family. 



Now I didn't get it made or Patty's day but I made it for leftovers tonight. Rainbow cake.

Take a white cake mix and make it as you would but after it is mixed up, put equal amounts in 6 bowls. 
In the first bowl
  • purple * 9 red and 6 blue drops of food coloring*
  • Blue * 12 drops blue*
  • Green * 12 drops green*
  • Yellow *  12 drops*
  • Orange * 12 yellow and 4 red drops*
  • Red * 18 red drops*
starting with the purple and work your way down. ... fill the pan with layers of colors.*
If you make it as cupcakes it will have a more defined rainbow *
Bake as Directed. You can serve with a dap of whipped-cream as a cloud!



No comments:

Post a Comment