Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tandoori Chicken with California-Rice Casserole

I thought I would shake some things up and try to make a Indian meal.  I knew it would not be sweet as my other half has said things tasted too sweet lately.  That brings me to

Tandoori Chicken.

  • spicy yogurt marinade * recipe below*
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Make the spicy yogurt marinade. Place chicken in resealable food storage bag. Pour marinade over chicken and make sure it is all covered front and back with marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate a couple hours.
Cook chicken and marinade in a 12 inch skillet over med-high heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once.

Spicy Marinade
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt. * I used plain Greek yogurt. It has a bite to it.*
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
  • 1/8 tsp ground cloves
Mix all together.

I thought it was very good. It had a nice little kick to it. It was very juicy.  I asked Hubby what he thought.. He said it was good.. but he wouldn't order it for his birthday dinner *lol* 





California-Rice Casserole

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper chopped
  • 4 cups cooked instant rice * I used long grain brown rice*
  • 16 oz sour cream
  • 1 cup small curd cottage cheese, drained
  • 1 7 oz can chopped green chilies
  • 8 oz of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350. In large saucepan with butter, saute onion and bell peppers until golden, but not brown. Stir in rice, sour cream, and cottage cheese.
Place half of rice mixture in  greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Spread green chilies and half of cheese over rice mixture. Spoon remaining rice mixture on casserole and top with remaining cheese.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

I LOVED IT..... I would make it again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment