Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Skipper Zipp's Chops and Chips

In honor of Dr Suess's birthday I got out my Green Eggs and Ham cookbook...

If you like to eat potato chips and chew pork chops on clipper ships, I suggest that you chew a few chips and a chop at Skipper Zipp's Clipper Ship Chip Chop Shop.

Okay down to the business of cooking ...

  • 4 center cut pork loin chops with bone
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 4 large potatoes, cut lengthwise into  wedges
  • 1 1/2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
Preheat the oven to 350.
Sprinkle half the salt and all the pepper on the chops and put them on a baking sheet. Set Aside
Put the potatoes on a baking sheet then sprinkle them with the olive oil and roll them around. Sprinkle them with the remaining 1/2 tsp salt and paprika
Put the potatoes in the oven and turn after a half hour

Put the chops in the oven when you turn the potatoes, Cook both until the chops are juicy and brown. 

YUMMY 





NOW for a birthday you have to have a cake and what is better then a CAT IN THE HAT TUB CAKE!

SO I got my baking book out again and made the Angel food cake... yummy...then

3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup strawberries

I beat the cream until it stood in soft peaks.  I added the sugar and beat until it stood in firm peaks
In a blender, I pured the strawberries leaving a few to garnish.
I folded the strawberries into the cream. I then spread it on the outside of the cake. I put the rest in the middle, filling it to the brim. Decorated the top with the extra berries.
Lets just say... it was a HUGE HIT!!!! My daughter even came down from her place and took some home...I think I found the perfect cake! well.. next time maybe some chocolate sauce too !



2 comments:

  1. Ok.. I did not know they had a Cat in the hat cookbook!!!! The recipe fits my bill.. Nice and EAsy!!
    The cake looks good.. Angel Food is my favorite.. but don't take offense.. in my book you ruined a perfectly good cake with STRAWBERRIES!!! I am allergic so they are a No NO!!! Looks like a great dinner.. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no offense here.. Becky has a allergy to strawberries too.. I just was thinking as I was looking at the cake that it looked like a cat in the hat.. with the red and white..

    ReplyDelete