Thursday, January 6, 2011

crock pot dinner


With a early wake up call to help watch the grandkids and husband off work for the day I knew my friend was going to be the crockpot.  So grabbing the * Favorite Brand Name Slow Cooker Recipes* cookbook I set off to whip things up for supper. I had a  5lb split chicken in the refrigerator and found a recipe called * My Favoite Chicken*.  The night before I had taken the chicken and seasoned it with garlic, pepper, salt, cayane pepper, and poutry seasonings. I sprayed the crockpot and set the two halves in the bottom. Cut up  carrots , celery and onions and tossed them in.  I took 4 nice sized potatoes and started to slice them up to lay on top.. After a quick break to stop the bleeding on my finger.. dont worry.. no stitches...and yes I did have my fingers curled like they say *lol*  I covered everything with the potatoes and poured a can of chicken broth over everything.  Covered and cooked on high 30 minutes and then turned to low for 6 hours.  It smelled wonderful!  When it was done.. I took the meat and potatoes out and used the broth to make gravy. Steamed some green beans and added a slice of the bread I made the other day. YUMMY if I do say so myself!
  Few things I would change.. If I was to be serving this to little ones I would use boneless chicken as you had to watch for bones in the meat as it was so tender it just fell off the bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment