Saturday, January 15, 2011

Using Leftovers



Today I decided to see what I could make to use up alittle bit of leftovers. I was searching and in the cooking with the horse and buggy II I found a recipe that used up my macaroni and rice in ONE dish. It was called  Better than Potato Salad!  It use my rice, noodles, hard boiled eggs along with onions, and finely cut carrots. The dressing was  salad dressing,  mustard , sugar and vinegar.  Let me tell you.. it was beautiful in the bowl looking.. but as far as I was concerned.. I will take potato salad over it anyday of the week *l*.. Now dont get me wrong.. it was alright.  Just not  better then potato salad.

I also made out of the Kids Favorites made healthy ..... Honey crusted Chicken. It cooks in no time at all.  You take boneless skinless chicken breast and cut in half. Lay them in a shallow baking dish. On top you make a mixture of honey, OJ , ground ginger , and pepper.  Brush over the breasts.  Then crush up corn flakes and layer on top.. All I had was Wheaties fuel, which is cornflakes, and rice cereal together so I used that.  It was wonderful. Hubby thought it was alittle to much on the sweet side as he likes spicer things. I think if I do it again I will put maybe Cayanne pepper in the sauce to give it a kick.  

Good ol raw carrots for our veggie!

Now we are debating on making a chocolate dessert. Two of my grandchildren are here, Dakota and Dixie but they are so engrossed with the movie on while I did the dishes and wrote here that it will have to wait.. but I will be sure and let you know...

1 comment:

  1. Ok.. I typed a message and it disappeared into Cyber world somewhere..
    I think the salad recipe doesn't sound to yummy myself.. I agree with you..
    but the Chicken sounds fantastic.. really good.
    Good Job using those cookbooks!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete