Monday, January 17, 2011






Today I thought I would try and make lunch and dinner from the cookbooks. I had pizza  dough already so I tried my hand at Tomato/broccoli/ricotta cheese pizza.  Took out some frozen broccoli to thawed and  get it well drained.  I put the dough on my stone and took a fork and pierced it a few times. Put alittle olive oil on it and put it in a 450 oven for 7 minutes. While in the oven, I put in a bowl, 1 cup of ricotta cheese, minced garlic or you can use garlic powder. some basil, black pepper and crushed red pepper.* like 1/2 tsp of each. * Mixed it all together.  When the pizza comes out spread the mixture on it and then layer the broccoli on top * I didn't use the stem part . Cut a plum tomato and laid that on top too. Sprinkled it with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.  Baked it for 15 minutes more. Keep a eye out .. it could take less time if the crust is thinner.  I let it set for 5 minutes to firm it up. Also.. if you want to cut fat and calories down use low fat cheeses.. but if you ask me.. if your going to have pizza.. might as well use the good stuff.. *l*  It was soooo good.

For supper I made Spicy chicken tenderloins in the crockpot. It was very good and along side that I made creamy hashbrown casserole.  NOW the casserole was VERY creamy. My mother in law ate a huge portion of it. And really liked it. I think it needs spice to it.. Hot sauce in the sour cream mixture would be wonderful along with peppers.. to go with the onions and corn.   I will have to try it that way next time. * if you couldn't tell by now we like things alittle on the spicy hot side.. *

No comments:

Post a Comment