Sunday, January 23, 2011

Roast Beef with Tomato Ragout, Fluffy Mashed Potato's raw carrots





With the cold wind blowing making it a nice day to just lay around I took my trusty crockpot out for the day again.  I put in one large red onion, large 28 ounce can of tomato's diced. * saving alittle of the juice to make a paste. *  I seasoned my roast with garlic, salt, pepper and steak seasoning and layed it on top of the veggies.  In  a small bowl I mixed balsamic vinegar, one package of beefy onion soup mix , crushed garlic and the juice I saved to make a paste.  Poured over the roast and covered. Cooked on Low for 8 hours. I then thickened the broth to put over the meat.

I took mashed potato's and 8 ounces of cream cheese, 2 eggs, onion, 2 tbs of flour. Mixed it on low til blended and then on high until light and fluffy. Taking and putting the mixture into a 8 inch greased pan and cooking at 325 for 35 minutes. Last few minutes I added shredded cheddar cheese and some french fried  onions.

The meat was falling apart tender and the mashed potato's were heavenly... topped the meal off with a salad and fresh carrots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment