Sunday, January 9, 2011

smoked ham slice with brown rice and warm broccoli cheese spread





Saturday night I took out one of our own smoked ham slices and fried it up in the cast iron skillet on the stove. While that was cooking I put whole grain brown rice in the steamer to cook.  Then I made the Warm broccoli cheese spread.
 Taking one package of cream cheese , 1 cup of sour cream, and a envelope of Italian salad dressing and mixing it all together.
After I had that mixed I folded in 10 ounces of defrosted chopped broccoli that had been patted dry along with 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. 
I spooned it into a shallow 1 qt baking dish and baked uncovered for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. When it was done I spread another 1/2 cup cheese over the top put it back in til it was melted.
I think put it over the rice. YUMMY!!!!  Add a salad and fruit for dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment