Monday, January 10, 2011

sunday Dinner

 Sunday dinner... does that bring back memories of going to grandmas house or to your aunt and uncles after church with a table full of food?  I gave sunday dinner a try...




 


My sunday meal was

Baked Pork steaks and Apples. To go along with that I made hash brown bake with Trisha Yearwoods Cabbage Medley. Pork and Cabbage.. how can you go wrong?  For dessert , and those that know me I dont bake so this part is always a challenge.  I settled on Pumpkin Pie Crunch.

I takes a can of solid pack pumpkin mixed with evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spices.  Poured into a  13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. On top I sprinkled dry yellow cake mix evenly over it. Topped with melted butter and baked it for 55 minutes.  Cool completely and top with whip cream.. It is better then pumpkin pie.. my favorite pie!  I think that may have to be a thanksgiving staple from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment